This Biodiesel Education Program will address the need to balance the positive environmental, social and human health impacts of biodiesel utilization, and contribute to the goal set by the USDA National Biodiesel Education Program to stimulate biodiesel consumption and the development of biodiesel infrastructure. The overall goal of this proposal is to develop and distribute education materials that support advances in infrastructure, technology transfer, fuel quality, fuel safety, and increasing feedstock production. We propose to achieve this goal by educating government and private entities that operate vehicle fleets, other interested entities, and the general public about the benefits of biodiesel utilization. Our objectives to support the overall goal are
- to enhance current efforts to collect and disseminate information,
- to coordinate with other biodiesel educational programs and with government programs aimed at encouraging biodiesel use,
- to create a nationwide network system that delivers biodiesel information to targeted audiences,
- to identify and document the benefits of biodiesel utilization, and
- to identify gaps in technologies and information and develop strategies to address the gaps.