Traffic Signal Summer Workshop VII will provide 9 to 12 undergraduate or graduate transportation engineering students an opportunity to spend a week on the UI campus during learning about the latest traffic signal systems hardware and software. Up to three professional engineers may be accepted to participate.
TSSW VII will include the following activities:
- introduction to traffic signal capacity analysis;
- introduction to traffic signal simulation models;
- development and testing of a signal timing design for a fixed time controller;
- development and testing of a signal timing design for an actuated traffic signal controller using a Controller Interface Device;
- construction and testing of a loop detector; and
- design and testing of a video-based traffic detection plan.