Traffic Signal Summer Workshop IV will provide 12 undergraduate or graduate transportation engineering students an opportunity to spend a week on the UI campus during August 2004 learning about the latest traffic signal systems hardware and software.
TSSWIV will include the following activities:
- introduction to traffic signal capacity analysis;
- introduction to traffic signal simulation models;
- development and testing of a signal timing design for a fixed time controller;
- development and testing of a signal timing design for an actuated traffic signal controller using a Controller Interface Device;
- construction and testing of a loop detector; and
- design and testing of a video-based traffic detection plan.