- Consequences of climatic thresholds for projecting fire activity and ecological change. Global Ecology and Biogeography. 28:521-532. 2019
- Arctic tundra fires: natural variability and responses to climate change. Frontiers in Ecology and the Environment. 13:369-377. 2015
- Spatiotemporal patterns of tundra fires: late-Quaternary charcoal records from Alaska. Biogeosciences. 12:4017-4027. 2015
- Tundra burning in Alaska: Linkages to climatic change and sea ice retreat. Journal of Geophysical Research: Biogeosciences. 115. 2010
- Climatic thresholds shape northern high-latitude fire regimes and imply vulnerability to future climate change. Ecography. 40.0:606.0-617.0.